Home Forums Discussion Is it possible to obtain a Critical Path across a large Porfolio of Projects

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Clifford Andrews 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi, I am anticipating that my question is feasible as well as meaningful?
    (Version of MSP 2016 with Project Online)
    scenario: –
    Multiple Projects loaded in PPM Online
    Each task within the projects has Predecessors and Successors loaded (following Best Practice)
    There are cross-project dependencies loaded as well. (Direct links – not using Deliverables and Dependencies on MSP and SharePoint)
    (I am not taking into account critical resource requirements as part of this exercise)

1) Is it possible to obtain a Critical Path across a numerous projects in a Portfolio.
    2) If I was able to obtain 1) above – would it have any true meaning?

Thanks Cliff

#410898 Reply

Megan Livingston

If you are using direct links, you should be able to get the critical path in a Master Project file.

#410906 Reply

Clifford Andrews

Hi Megan, thanks for responding. I am just clarifying my question a bit more.
    If I had 300 or more project making up 1 portfolio in Project Online, would I be able to get a critical path? Understanding the limitation of RAM (16 Gigs) and the loading of the 300 odd projects into a master file?
    Is there perhaps another way besides loading all the projects into one consolidated Master schedule?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Is it possible to obtain a Critical Path across a large Porfolio of Projects
Your information:

85 − 84 =