is there a “go to” or “jump to” command

Home Forums Discussion Forum is there a “go to” or “jump to” command

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Thomas Boyle.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Andrew Blocher

With the split screen view, when you are on a task it shows the predecessors and successors boxes, is there a way to click on one of those, either the pred or succ, and go to or jump to that task without having to scroll to it? I am somewhat new to project, have always used P6, and this was one feature that came in super handy a lot of the time.
      thanks for any info.

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Hi Andrew, F5 is the goto command.
      Hope that helps…

Thomas Boyle

Andrew,
      If you open the Task Inspector pane as well (its default position is along the left side), then up to five “driving” predecessors for the selected task will be listed and hyperlinked. You can jump straight to any of these tasks by clicking the link. When you use this feature to drill-down through driving predecessor logic, MSP remembers your previous steps and presents a “Go back to” link to retrace your steps to the starting point.
      Good luck, tom

Andrew Blocher
      Participant

I agree with F5 or Ctrl+G will take you to whatever ID you type in and the inspector pane will give you the driving preds, but what if you are trying to follow a logic string that isn’t driving that certain task?

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Ah, nice conversation from all. That would be the Task Path option. While on a Gantt chart view, select Task Path from the Format menu. This shows you a full path of either driving and/or non-driving predecessors and successors. It is a view only option but hopefully will help.

Thomas Boyle

Andrew, I’m afraid that the built-in solutions are limited to the three that Larry and I have pointed out: GoTo<F5>, Task Inspector, and the task path bar styles. None of these function remotely like the GoTo button in P6. Similar functionality can be added to MSP through third-party add-ins, but they come with additional cost. (I use one with an actual “Jump” button, closer to P3 than P6.) You could also “roll-your-own” solution using vba, if you are into that sort of thing. Good luck, tom

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.