Looking for a way to override the Max Resource Units (utilization) at Task Level

Home Forums Discussion Forum Looking for a way to override the Max Resource Units (utilization) at Task Level

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      John Foley

Hi,

I use MS Project to track my schedule and labor hours. I like to set my Max Units (Utilization) by Resource at 50% by default. The issue I often run into is for Tasks that Involve 100% utilization such as Meetings. Does anyone know how to quickly override the Max Resource Utilization at the Task Level? When addding a task for a meeting, I’d like to check a box or something so it assigns all resources at 100% utilization for that specific task.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Hi John. Assigning resources with an override can be pretty simple depending on how you normally assign resources. If using the split screen, enter the Units at the time you assign the resource. If using the Assign Resources dialog box, enter in the Units field. Unfortunately you can’t override the max units when using the task sheet. You can also use these functions to override at a whole task level if already assigned, but will need to be careful of the task type not to change the task duration. Hope that helps…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.