Many projects-one Resource Pool. Should I upgrade to newer version of Project?

Home Forums Discussion Forum Many projects-one Resource Pool. Should I upgrade to newer version of Project?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello All,

I’m looking for a little guidance here. I have about 100 projects linked to a resource pool (materials and people). Currently, I use MS Project Professional 2010. As many of you know, it’s not built to handle this type workload so the environment is unstable. The resource pool becomes corrupted and loading/saving takes a long time. The reason we have our work set up in Project Professional is because we want to juggle the resources in the “Team Planner” view.

Does anyone know if MS Project Server or MS Project 2013 would be a more stable environment for this type of setup? Any guidance helps.

Thanks,
      Travis Kleinschmidt

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Absolutely on all accounts. Project Server/Online is built to handle this and more. Project Online is much quicker to setup and with no technology investment, but that decision is up to you. Project 2013 might be a bit more stable but not noticeably. The answer lies with Project Server/Online. Let me know if you want any help setting this up. Thanks…Larry

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.