Milestone Overlap/collision matrix request

Home Forums Discussion Forum Milestone Overlap/collision matrix request

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Trevor Harrison

Good morning, all. I’m hoping you all can help. I’m got a task that involves culling multiple project plans together from my peers and Identifying overlap or collisions with specific milestones (code delivery, SW testing, and push to production environment.) I’ve got their project plans listed all in one mpp and using the one of the ‘text’ columns to identify ‘testing’, ‘code delivery’, and ‘production’ criteria. Beyond that I’m a little lost. I’m not the best in Project.. I’m trying to figure out what’s the best way to display this information for others to refer to easily for risks. The Gantt chart seems way too busy to easily disern where the collisions and overlap is. Is there an easier or better way? Thanks for the help.

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Trevor, that’s a tough question to answer here because it is broad, could be complex, and you say you’re not the best with MSP. It all comes down to what you want or want them to see. It could be as simple as a custom field or two and some filters, to creating a master project with the appropriate linkages. I’d start with option one and some filters but it sounds like you started with that already. Maybe somebody else can provide some better ideas. I do remember a blog or video some time ago with some good information on how to manage a large project. In fact it might be from MPUG. Have you searched the archives for articles and/or sessions on this topic?
      Sorry, wish I could be more help.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.