We usually generate MPP files by importing Task.csv, Resources.Csv and Assigments.Csv.
We are using MapEdit for importing the above CSV files using VBA.
Now, I have an issue while importing the Task.CSV
– User has defined a predecessor (whether its honor the constraint date or not) which is part of my Task.CSV
– For example 22FS
– The same value is present in Task.Csv, but after the import
– I have seen a broken link of predecessor of that task (instead of 22), which apparently linked to an empty task 110 (MPP created this empty task row automatically)
My question here is
1. How do i retain the Predecessor which is mention there in my Task.CSV?
2. Why/How i’m getting an empty task and how to restrict it?
Yes, i agree that the task should honor the constraint date.
But, when there is an import it should reflect the source data, rather auto assign a empty task row and that became the predecessor here.
Thanks in advance for all your help and suggestions.