Home Forums Discussion MS Project 2016 – Line numbers keep disappearing

This topic contains 23 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Larry Christofaro Larry Christofaro 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Hi Daniel,

We have success. Nice job and thank you. Norm

#411695 Reply

Linda Rasmussen

Thank you Daniel! This has been driving me nuts for awhile now. I have the team provide me updates referencing the project version number and line number. It was torture trying to update when the numbers kept disappearing.

#411840 Reply

Mughilan

I too had the same issue.
    Later figured out that filter was on, and hence the moment i made task completion to 100%, immediately the task disappeared. Funny me!

#411856 Reply

Jim Cengia

Daniel,
    Thank-you for your discovery. It is a big help.

#412281 Reply

Kim Payne

To get the line numbering back on any view:

Add an Indicators column on the left and make it larger than the indicator information. Hoover the curser to the left of the indicators column and when it changes to the + drag that to the right and the line numbers will reappear.

Hope that helps.

#412732 Reply

Paul Turkal

Thanks Daniel. The update to the ENTRY table resolved my issue as well.

#412750 Reply

Ira

Great fix! This had been bothering me and now it works perfectly.

#413403 Reply

Theresa Rice-Olowolafe

When I use Daniel’s solution, while yes the numbers stop disappearing, now I am unable to select and move a row.

#413404 Reply
    Larry Christofaro
    Larry Christofaro
    Participant

One option might be to add a different column as the first column of the table and re-select the Lock first column checkbox. Maybe the WBS if you aren’t using it or a blank task custom field. Then sort by ID as the second column.

I don’t have the problem you are all facing so I don’t have any other thoughts. Hope that helps…

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
Reply To: MS Project 2016 – Line numbers keep disappearing
Your information:

+ 82 = 92