- 12/04/2018 at 12:00 pm #414225
I have a project file where task names keep disappearing. All of the other data/logic is intact. It seems to be random. I’ve tried clearing all filters. Changed views. The names do not appear in detail views like relationship diagram, network diagram, etc.
It happens to both tasks and summary tasks items. And more names are lost over time.The file lives in ShareFile. Not in Project Online like most of our other schedules.
Thanks in advance for any help.
David12/04/2018 at 12:17 pm #414226
Hi David, have u seen that anomaly when editing the file on a local drive? I used to see strange things happen like that when editing files stored on dropbox, and my connection was slow.12/04/2018 at 12:52 pm #414227
We run hundreds of schedules. Mostly out of Project Online. Never has been an issue before. This team is using a local ShareFile setup due to bad internet on our site in Maui.
I’m thinking it could be something with the sync to ShareFile.
Thanks for the info.12/04/2018 at 1:18 pm #414228
That’s what it was here in Nepal with shared dropbox files, when syncing was slow. Had problems with master/subprojects too 🙂05/09/2019 at 2:54 pm #415526
I also have had various areas of task names disappear on one of my project files. all other logic and task info is still there, the name just shows as blank. We store files on SharePoint, but I was using a copy on my computer hard drive. I can restore a previous version, but I’d like to know what I can do to prevent this from happening again in the future. currently, it’s happened to two people, each using different files/project schedules. Both were 2500+ task schedules. We use Project 2016, ethernet connections to our network, in the USA. Filters were all cleared too.