Home Forums Discussion MS Project 2016 Task Names Disappearing Randomly

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Jigs Gaton Jigs Gaton 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

David

Hello,
    I have a project file where task names keep disappearing. All of the other data/logic is intact. It seems to be random. I’ve tried clearing all filters. Changed views. The names do not appear in detail views like relationship diagram, network diagram, etc.
    It happens to both tasks and summary tasks items. And more names are lost over time.The file lives in ShareFile. Not in Project Online like most of our other schedules.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Best,
    David

#414226 Reply
    Jigs Gaton
    Jigs Gaton
    • Author
    • Forum Pro

Hi David, have u seen that anomaly when editing the file on a local drive? I used to see strange things happen like that when editing files stored on dropbox, and my connection was slow.

#414227 Reply

David

We run hundreds of schedules. Mostly out of Project Online. Never has been an issue before. This team is using a local ShareFile setup due to bad internet on our site in Maui.
    I’m thinking it could be something with the sync to ShareFile.
    Thanks for the info.

#414228 Reply
    Jigs Gaton
    Jigs Gaton
    • Author
    • Forum Pro

That’s what it was here in Nepal with shared dropbox files, when syncing was slow. Had problems with master/subprojects too 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: MS Project 2016 Task Names Disappearing Randomly
Your information:

− 7 = 2