MS Project and Iterative Project Management

Home Forums Discussion Forum MS Project and Iterative Project Management

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sien Decabooter
      Keymaster
      I am interested in any feedback regarding using MS Project with an agile / iterative proejct management methodology.
      We are switching to an iterative methodology.
      Sien Decabooter
      Keymaster
      Hi Charles,
      I am using MS project 2010 for scheduling software development using the agile method. Are you planing to integrate MS Project with Team foundation Server?
      My experience with using MS Project 2010 for agile planning is that it generally works well but there are problems with resource allocation / overallocation.
      The way I use it is I assign resources with a fixed number of hours over a fixed iteration duration (eg 15 days). The output of this is a resource being assigned a percentage of time over this 15 day period. My goal is that all tasks combined should add up to 100%. Task allocation can then be viewed and balanced in the overallocation view. One of the problems using this method however is that if a task is marked as complete before the 15 day period, it skews the resource allocation percentage and can make it ‘appear’ that the resource is over or underallocated.
      Regards,
      Bill
      Sien Decabooter
      Keymaster
       Start’s easy: 10 2w iterations? Create 10 2w tasks linked and that’s teh first iteration of teh schedule. Schedule detail tasks for I1. By end of I1 have detailed tasks for I2 and so on.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.