Quick Links

MS project custom field – duration

Home Forums Discussion MS project custom field – duration

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi,
    i have the project with many task and the classic column durataion. And i want to do a new column with duration which will display the time (in days, months) from project start. So the code for the formula in custom field can look like this: My duration (for example duration10) = “Finish date of the individual task MINUS (-) Project start date”. But iam not a programmer. So my question is how to make it (the code) in correct way for MS project. Below I will write an example of how it is meant. The project start date will be for example 1.4.2021
    Task My duration (for example duration10) Finish date of task
    1 1day 2.4.2021
    2 10day 11.4.2021
    3 11day 12.4.2021
    ..Maybe it is some function like DateDiff(..) or ProjDateDiff( date1; date2; calendar ) , but i don´t know how to set it.
    Does anyone know?

#481460 Reply
    bobc455

Do you know how to use the Custom Fields? For example you can add a column “Duration1” and then create a formula.

#481534 Reply
    Jerome

Hello,

You might want to look at this blog post which shows how to display days from Project Start.

show calendar days in a column

#503373 Reply
    MarlinCBrown
    Participant

Hello, I want to know how to use the Custom Fields? And for that I am searching for the info online. I am glad I have found your post in which I have found my problem solution. I have also found my problem solution on this https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/violence/ site. Because I want to write an essay on violence topic.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: MS project custom field – duration
Your information: