MS project custom field – duration

Home Forums Discussion Forum MS project custom field – duration

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi,
      i have the project with many task and the classic column durataion. And i want to do a new column with duration which will display the time (in days, months) from project start. So the code for the formula in custom field can look like this: My duration (for example duration10) = “Finish date of the individual task MINUS (-) Project start date”. But iam not a programmer. So my question is how to make it (the code) in correct way for MS project. Below I will write an example of how it is meant. The project start date will be for example 1.4.2021
      Task My duration (for example duration10) Finish date of task
      1 1day 2.4.2021
      2 10day 11.4.2021
      3 11day 12.4.2021
      ..Maybe it is some function like DateDiff(..) or ProjDateDiff( date1; date2; calendar ) , but i don´t know how to set it.
      Does anyone know?

bobc455
      Participant

Do you know how to use the Custom Fields? For example you can add a column “Duration1” and then create a formula.

Jerome

Hello,

You might want to look at this blog post which shows how to display days from Project Start.

show calendar days in a column

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello, I want to know how to use the Custom Fields? And for that I am searching for the info online. I am glad I have found your post in which I have found my problem solution. I have also found my problem solution on this https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/violence/ site. Because I want to write an essay on violence topic.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.