MS Project Server 2003

Home Forums Discussion Forum MS Project Server 2003

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      My company has made the decision to stay on MS Project 2003. Has anyone had to do a reinstall of Project Server 2003? If so, can you let me know how you managed it? How did you go about the reinstall while continuing to use the tool?
      Charles
      I reinstalled PS2003 in order to test a recovery procedure.  This was on a small farm 2 tier config. I installed PS2003 and WSS on a new server, then pointed them to existing databases.
      PWA settings were intact.  The only issue I had was with the Project workspace sites.  Gosh its been a while, but i think I had to delete the link(not the site) in PWA, and then re add them.  It was tedious.  Perhaps I did something wrong during the restore process.
      Jennifer Penn
      We did this a couple of times and connecting to project workspaces can be an issue. Install Project Server and connect to the database will work in general.
      Leo Stigter
      Head EPM Competence Center Capgemini
      Hello – I am using Microsoft Project Server 2007.  I have a question with regard to the setup in Server for tracking effort hours.  For purposes of calculatng actual cost, my organization does not reflect effort hours in excess of 40; when cost is calculated (currently calculated in a spreadsheet), effort hours are capped at 40.  I would like to use Server to calculate actual project cost instead of downloading the data to Excel and performing the calculations there.  As a project manager, I would like to track the actual effort hours, regardless of whether the hours exceed 40 or not, but cap the hours at 40 (per week for each resource) for purposes of calculating cost.  Is it possible to configure Server to cap effort hours at 40 for purposes of calculating actual cost?  For the earned value calculations, I would like to use actual hours rather than capped hours.  Is it possible to accomplish this?  Let me know if I have not provided enough information.  Thanks!
      Connie Maldonado
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.