Portfolio Managemet question

Home Forums Discussion Forum Portfolio Managemet question

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Charles Fraley
      Participant

Anyone use project server 2010 to perform portfolio management?

Can a resource be assigned multiple skills?

Jim Peters

Charles,

Is Project Server 2010 used for Project Portfolio Management? Yes. Is there more to the question? PPM is one of the primary uses of Project Server.

Can multiple Skills be assigned to a resource? Yes. A resource Enterprise Custom Field must be created that allows multiple values. The Custom Attributes section for a Skills field for Project Server 2010 is shown below. Once the field is created, when a resource is updated multiple skills may be selected by checking the box next to each desired skill.

Custom Attributes

Choose whether the field has a lookup table, a calculated formula, or neither.

None
      Single line of text
      Multiple lines of text

Lookup TableCharge CodeCost TypeDepartmentHealthRBSSample Areas ImpactedSample Primary ObjectiveSkills and CapabilitiesTeamsTimesheet Normalization Status
           Choose a value to use as a default when adding new items
      Default value

Only allow codes with no subordinate values
      Allow multiple values to be selected from lookup table
           Use this field for matching generic resources

Formula

I typically check the “Only allow codes with no subordinate values” option. And for skills I always check the “Use this field for matching generic resources option.

Jim Peters

Jim Peters

Charles,

The check boxes I pasted into the last post did not appear in the post. So the text looks rather odd. For the Resource custom field settings just look at Settings and add a new resource Enterprise Custom Field. The setting to allow multiple values should then be obvious, just check the checkbox next to Allow multiple values to be selected from lookup table.

Jim P.

charles fraley

Thanks for the assist.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.