Project 2010 Crash when using Autofilter – bug?

Home Forums Discussion Forum Project 2010 Crash when using Autofilter – bug?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I have discovered a situation which causes MS Project to crash and I’m wondering if it’s a known issue. If I filter on Finish, then change the finish of a resulting task, Project crashes. Every time. Is it my installation of Project or is it a known issue with 2010?

Matt McCarty, PMP

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

I did a quick test and was able to change the finish date of a filtered task. Of course a simple test doesn’t prove anything. Have you tried it as a simple test outside of a structured project and does it happen then as well? There really isn’t a formal list of bugs that Microsoft publishes (that would be too revealing).

Anonymous
      Inactive

PS: It happens whether or not the file is saved locally. It only appears to happen with the Finish field. Start and %Complete seem to work normally. I created a small sample file and it still happened.

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Hmm, then one of two things are probably happening. Either I’m still doing something different than you (I’m using the auto-filter for one) or you don’t have an update that fixes the issue. Of course there is always that third option of unexplained reasons…:-( If you really want to figure this out, itemize the exact steps you are taking and send me or post a picture of the exact WBS of a sample plan. Thanks…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks Larry,
      I found, downloaded and installed the most recent update and it appears to have fixed the problem! I should’ve thought of that. Good lookin’ out.

Matt

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Glad it solved the problem…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.