Project 2010 false-positive notifications to team members

Home Forums Discussion Forum Project 2010 false-positive notifications to team members

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Preeti Dimble
      Keymaster

For lack of a better way to explain these notifications I am calling them false-positives.  The scenerio is when an exsisting project is opened, saved and then published it will send a notificaiton to all team members and their task, assingment, progress or dates havent changed (at least that I can tell). My best guess is within each team member by default the system sends an alert under the setting of either ‘My project task are modified’ or ‘I receive a new task assignment in my projects’.  However if I disable this within thier PWA account, then there are no notifications of an actual brand new task assignment to that team member.  Any help would be appreciatead!

These notifications look like:

Subject: Assignments have been updated on PROJECT NAME

Preeti Dimble
      Keymaster

As you mention, this can be controlled by unchecking the box for when my assignments are modified” under personal Settings. Leave the checkbox on for “New tasks are assigned”. This should work, in stopping emails about existing assignments, and still send out emails for new tasks. If this is not working, you might have other issues that might be existing.Project Server August 2011 Cumulative Update, does fix part of the issue by stopping emails for “Completed Assignments”.I also remember Project Server Experts had an article sometime ago on customizing the SQL database o modify these alerts. “

Preeti Dimble
      Keymaster

The issue you are seeing is that the team member is notified if anything changes on the assignment. For example, all linked tasks to a task in which the finish date changes are also changed, and prompts a notification. Does this sound like what you are seeing??

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.