Project 2010 Server Implementation

Home Forums Discussion Forum Project 2010 Server Implementation

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Velu Rajanbabu
      Keymaster

I am writing to see if there are other MPUG members who have implemented MS Project 2010 Server. If so, would you be open to sharing your experiences of the implementation?  

My company is looking at upgrading from 2003 to 2010 next year and it would be very helpful to talk with someone who has already completed their implementation.

Best regards,

Debbie Norman

Velu Rajanbabu
      Keymaster
      Hello Debbie,
      We have just completed rolling out MS Project Server 2010 in our organization, but it was a clean implementation – no upgrade from a previous version where I would be able to help you with upgrade path questions.
      There were two people involved in the implementation, the SharePoint Administrator and myself.  To prepare, we took a class on Installing and Deploying Project Server 2010 from MSProjectExperts which was very helpful in understanding what needed to be done to get the application up and running.
      Regards,
      ~Ginger Drehmel
      Project Manager/Business Analyst
      Globe Education Network

Velu Rajanbabu
      Keymaster
      Ginger-
      I am doing a fresh install of 2010, I would be very interested in seeing your project plan.  I can componsate with some fine Texas B-B-Q.
      Matthew Watson
      Velu Rajanbabu
      Keymaster
      Hi Debbie,
      We are preparing for the upgrade from 2007 to 2010 now.  You should know that to go from 2003 to 2010 you will have to go to 2007 as part of the upgrade.  There isn’t a straight path from 2003 to 2010.
      Tom Herrington
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.