Project names with a space fail to open from Project Center

Home Forums Discussion Forum Project names with a space fail to open from Project Center

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Kiran Khanvilkar.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Dave Howe
      Participant

As of today, I cannot open any projects in Project Pro from a Project Server 2013 Project Center if the project contains a space in the name. My Project Pro comes from a Project Online subscription. I am using Internet Explorer, but tested and got the same results with Chrome and Edge. This has never been an issue until today. Projects without a space in the name still open just fine as all projects have prior to today. Also, I can still open all projects (space in the name or not) from Project Pro while connected to the Project Server 2013 instance. Was there an update recently that may be affecting the way Project Pro handles the space in the name when it receives it from Project Server?

Thanks,

Dave

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Dave, I personally don’t know of any issues but someone else might.

Kiran Khanvilkar

Hi Dave,

I worked on similar issue couple of days back. The root cause was the security update KB4489886. Issue was resolved after uninstalling this update. ppmworks.com/project-names-with-a-space-fail-to-open-from-project-center/

Thank you,
      Kiran K.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.