Project Pro vs. Standard

Home Forums Discussion Forum Project Pro vs. Standard

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Gary Klein

I have been using Project Standard 2010 and am planning to request that my company buy me a newer version. I am trying to figure out if there is any benefit to using Professional if you are NOT using Project Server. I’m considering the Office 365 Project Pro vs. the desktop Standard, so the cost will break even is two years. Is there any justification for going with Pro?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Gary, wow I really thought I would just pass you on to a link that described the differences but that proved harder than I realized. Anyway, what Project Pro basically provides above and beyond Project Standard are the interface with Project Server/Online, synch to a SharePoint task list, and the Team Planner view. Team Planner is a drag and drop tool that allows you to manage resource assignments across project tasks. Some people like it a lot and some don’t I personally haven’t found it that useful for the way I manage projects. Hope that helps. If you are saying that Project Pro for O365 is cost equivalent to Project Standard then get the better product. If you aren’t using SharePoint at all then standard might be a viable option. Hope that helps…

Julie Sheets

Another “add” from Project Pro is the inactive tasks feature. In Project Pro you can set a task or tasks as “inactive” essentially dropping them out of the schedule. Very nice for using “what if” analysis without having to delete tasks or set duration to zero.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.