Project Professional 2013 – folders in Enterprise templates?

Home Forums Discussion Forum Project Professional 2013 – folders in Enterprise templates?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

When I click on “Enterprise” to create a new schedule using an enterprise template, I am suddenly getting a list of template folders which did not previously appear eg “External Report Templates”, “Internal Report Templates”, “PowerPoint Templates” etc. Can anyone else please confirm that this is occuring with their installation of MS Project 2013 with EPM? I don’t know of any way to create folder collections of Enterprise schedule templates, so this change to the interface is incomprehensible. I think it may have been added with a recent MS Office update.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Some of the folders seem to be coming from the path:

C:Users<userid>AppDataLocalMicrosoftOfficeSpotlight14

Ben Howard
      Participant

Hi, you might want to view my blog at https://www.applepark.co.uk/project-2013-template-mysteries-unravelled/ regarding Templates and where/how they are located and accessed.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Ben – unfortunately my experience with what is displayed when selecting “Enterprise” from the “File/New” option in MS Project 2013 doesn’t match what you’ve described in the blog. You’re quite correct in stating that the “default personal templates location” is blank by default. However, if I set the location to “C:Users<userid>DocumentsCustom Office Templates” I still get all the folders shown which appear when the setting is blank. The “external report templates” and six other folders seem to come from “AppDataLocalMicrosoftOfficeSpotlight14”. However there’s also two PowerPoint folders “Powerpoint templates normal” and “Powerpoint templates Widescreen” which do not exist on my computer. All these folders in the “Enterprise” option did not appear when MS Project was first installed. It’s a feature which seems to have been introduced by a later patch. I’d really like to turn it off, because these folders are useless and not related to the Enterprise templates at all.

At this point the main thing I’m hoping to establish is whether anyone else is seeing these folders when selecting “File/New/Enterprise” or whether it’s peculiar somehow to our installation of EPM.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.