project server 2007 cube hourglass hanging

Home Forums Discussion Forum project server 2007 cube hourglass hanging

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Native Linum
      Keymaster
      Hi, I have queries that work using project server 2007 web access and some more complicated queries that get the hour glass and never return the results.  I talked to the DBA and he mentioned that there is nothing running on the database.  is there something in the application server set up for Sharepoint 2007 that would time out waiting for the results to return causing PWA to continue to show the hour glass waiting for the results to return?
      Can anyone help on what I should check?
      Richard Theisen
      Native Linum
      Keymaster
      I got this reply in a seperate blog that I am testing.

“Check this for instance: https://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2009/07/31/project-server-2007-timeout-settings.aspx, but increasing the timeout issue does not really address the issue of the large amount of data your customer wants to pass to the web front end, so it will put more strain on the farm and you might have other problems down the line. Again I would start by looking at the report and see the queries executer and see if they are all really necessary and optimized, if they are use SSRS to remove the load on the farm”.

Richard Theisen

Native Linum
      Keymaster
      Hi Richard,
      Are you getting a timeout on a SQL Reporting Services Report? Or is it a time out in a data cube query in PS2007 itself?
      Simon Newton
      Native Linum
      Keymaster
      On the Data Analysis Query run in the PWA Data Analysis panel.
      Richard Theisen
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.