Project Server 2007 Data Analysis

Home Forums Discussion Forum Project Server 2007 Data Analysis

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Has anyone else seen this issue on their system?
      I have recently come across a time phase issue within data analysis.  In the years 2011 (Feb.) and 2012 thru 2014 (March) my system is shifting the overlap week between Febuary and March.  I have no data beyond June of 2015 and strangely the issue doesn’t show up in 2015.
      In Feb 2011 week 10 is showing up as the first week in Febuary.  It is properly labeled as week 10 and it does contain the correct data.
      In March of the other years it is week 9 and it is shifted to the end of March.  Once again it’s labeled correctly and contains the correct data.
      I have attached a file with screen shots to illustrate the problem.  Hope it’s available here.
      Richard –
           The "Weeks" in Data Analysis of Project Server are very literal.  It sees a week as Sunday through Saturday, all the time.  If you look at a calendar for January 2011, you will see that the first day of the month is Saturday January 1st (week 1).  Because of this, January ends up with 6 weeks.
      Week 1:  1/1/11 (Saturday)
      Week 2: 1/2/11-1/8/11
      Week 3: 1/9/11 – 1/15/11
      Week 4: 1/16/11 – 1/22/11
      Week 5: 1/23/11 – 1/29/11
      Week 6: 1/30/11 – 1/31/11
      Week 6 then goes into February, which means February goes into Week 10.
      Is this causing some sort of issue?  I’m not typically comparing information based on "week number", so this hasn’t caused any problems for me.  In regards to Week 10 showing at the beginning of the view for February, this is caused by Excel seeing the heading (Week 10) as text.  And, from a text standpoint, Week 10 comes before any week starting with a number higher than 1.
      Hope this explains it!
      Jaymi

We do a lot of reporting by week so it becomes increasingly difficult to explain weeks that span months. Week 6 in the previous post would show up as 2 rows; one for the portion in Jan and one for the portion in Feb.

Is is possible to create a grouping/report (without a lot of extra excel work) to report on all the effort/hours recorded against Week 6″ (in a single row).

I can’t be the only one who’s run into this. I must be googling with the wrong search terms because I haven’t found anything on this.

Many thanks in advance MPUG community.

Dan

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.