Project Tracking

Home Forums Discussion Forum Project Tracking

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Stergios Kokkoris

Could you please help me on below case.
      I am trying to delve deeply in MS Project tracking methodologies but I find the standard practice book quite superficial on this matter.
      First of all, I can’t understand the use of completion percentage as soon as the case is referred to “tracking a plan as scheduled”.
      Can you propose me a book that is dedicated in project tracking only? If it refers to construction industry much better.
      Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Stergios Kokkoris

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Stergious, that’s a great question. I don’t know of any book that concentrates only on tracking. I also know that many of them are lighter than they should be. The problem is the answer people don’t like to hear…it depends. Tracking hours is different then tracking duration. Construction tends to focus on duration. Tracking costs is another area. Books tend to give you ALL the answers, not necessarily the answer you are looking for. Not knowing what you are looking for is hard to tell, and then you have to know every book. With that I can toss out a couple. One of the popular books that does a deep dive on tracking is Forecast Scheduling with Microsoft Project 20__ by Eric Uyttewaal. A nice, simple book for more beginners that covers the basic functions quite well is Plain & Simple Microsoft Project 2013 by Ben Howard. Lots of books in between, but I think you will always need to learn the features and figure out what is best for you. Or…bring in an expert to help develop a standard for you or your company. Hope that helps…

Stergios Kokkoris

Dear Larry,

I appreciate the time you spent to give me your peace of advice.
      Thank you very much.

kind regards

Stergios Kokkoris

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.