Home Forums Discussion Recurrent calls and tasks notification MS Project

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Larry Christofaro Larry Christofaro 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Alicja

Good morning,

I am new with MS Project and still not very fluent will all features.
    Could you please assist and tell me if:
    – is it possible to link MS office with outlook calendar to send automatic reminders about upcoming tasks (people assigned to a task),
    – how can I schedule recurrent follow up calls, to have them marked on the project chart (preferably with the direct link to the call),
    – same would like to do with f2f meetings.

My project has 3 sections with multiple tasks.

Would be very glad and happy if you could support my questions.
    Thank you,

Alicja

#413717 Reply
    Larry Christofaro
    Larry Christofaro
    Participant
    • Expert
    • Forum Pro
    • Ombud

Alicja,

There are ways of integrating Project with Outlook but that is one thing I’ve not done before. Here’s one link from a quick search, but I’m sure there are others: https://www.mpug.com/articles/integrating-project-and-outlook/

For recurrent follow-up calls, I tend to use Outlook or some other contact management solution. It’s easier to, more functional, and can provide notes/history of conversations. You can manually associate it to a task field (linked to the task, not ID or something that might change).

Office 365 and Project Online provide a lot more options, but standard .mpp file has it’s limitations.

Hoping others pipe in with better answers…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Recurrent calls and tasks notification MS Project
Your information:

3 + = 6