Report that shows unlinked tasks and other problems

Home Forums Discussion Forum Report that shows unlinked tasks and other problems

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Velu Rajanbabu
      Keymaster

Hi All,
      A person that used to use Primavera and now uses Project 2003 asked me is there a report in Project 2003/2007 that shows unlinked tasks and other “work to be done” so to speak. I did show them how to add the Successors column and filter for blanks row ( as all tasks should have a successor I think) but they want a report which prints out.
      Just wondering if there is an add on etc
      Thanks
      Bert

Velu Rajanbabu
      Keymaster
      I would suggest that after they add Predecessors/Successors columns and filter as desired, they may execute: File/Print…
      Sorry to sound sarcastic, but that is probably the straight forward solution.
      Jim
      Velu Rajanbabu
      Keymaster
      There are some other filters that may be of interest… Unstarted Tasks, and UnFinshed Tasks.  Remember there basic rules.
      1. There shall be no tasks with a start date left of the status date that are 0% Complete or lack an Actual Start
      2. There shall be no tasks with a finish date to the left of the status date that are not 100% complete with an Actual Finish Date.
      3. There shall be no task with a start date to the right of the status date with a %complete different from 0.
      4. There shall be no finished task with a finish date to the right of the status date.
      There are filters (or at least you can create your own) that will do all of this.
      Velu Rajanbabu
      Keymaster
      Thanks Jim
      Velu Rajanbabu
      Keymaster
      Hi Bert,
      I would suggest to use Reporting Services. To create such a report takes me half a day and you generate the output in Excel, PDF, Word, HTML, …format. You can make subscriptions to deliver these reports by email.
      Reporting Services makes a huge difference in the acceptance of EPM.
      Regards,
      Leo Stigter
      Head EPM Competence Centre Capgemini
      Velu Rajanbabu
      Keymaster

I use the MS Project auditor add-in available for $30 at qpmusa.com/QSA-Schedule-Auditor.html for terrific results that show not only missing predecessors and successors, but many other structural problems in your schedule.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.