Reporting on Assignment Units in Project Server 2013

Home Forums Discussion Forum Reporting on Assignment Units in Project Server 2013

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

We are trying to build a report at a task or assignment level and cannot seem to find the assignment units field on the server level. We are trying to come up with a variance of what was baselined for the allocation percentage versus what was actually used. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Paul, I believe the first issue is that the allocation % is not baselined. The second problem is that assignment units is not stored in the reporting database, only peak units. My only suggestion is to reverse engineer the % from the capacity and work values. Hope that helps.

It definitely helps for me to stop looking for the field 🙂

I might need a little help with the formula. If I use the assignment by day table to get that allocation would it just be the allocated work divided by 8? Or is that too simple of a calculation?

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Paul, I’m pulling this out of memory so I apologize if it’s not completely accurate. A simple division would be a lot easier than to try to get the capacity from the resource capacity tables (you’ll at least get close). I do believe the data is in minutes, so using 480/day might get you a more accurate number.

Building a report in Excel might be hard given the amount of data in these by-day tables. Power BI (not to throw another wrench in the cog) might help if you are having trouble. Good luck…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.