Resource Engagements for Team Assignment Pools

Home Forums Discussion Forum Resource Engagements for Team Assignment Pools

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jeff Heath
      Participant

Has anyone used resource engagements with Team Assignment Pools? I’m trying to understand the process as to how how the team Lead gets informed of the engagement and how the engagement is approved.

bobc455
      Participant

Depends on the environment. For example I used to work at a place with 12 electrical engineers who reported to one manager. When I did my project schedules it didn’t matter who worked on the assignment – as long as somebody did. I left the assignment to each project up to the EE manager.

For that resource pool I had 1050% availability (leaving some time for non-project work, etc.).

In my case the manager didn’t need to approve – it was just a matter that the work was coming at his department because the sales department was able to sell the project. I was merely reflecting the estimates which were used to quote the job. (Estimates in that environment were typically based on similar jobs from the past, or sometimes per-job estimates which came from that same EE manager).

Different industries will act differently.

jeff Heath
      Participant

perfect example….If I submit a resource engagement for an electrical engineer, the engagement is proposed until the resource manager (approves or rejects)? I’m trying to understand what the resource manager/team lead may see in resource center.

Thanks

bobc455
      Participant

Ah, it sounds like you are using PWA? I’m sorry but I haven’t used that in a bunch of years so I can’t recall.

In that particular structure at my previous employer, the work was contained on Work Orders so the EE manager didn’t really ever look at PWA. (As a side note: I don’t normally expect stakeholders to be fluent in MS project – they typically focus on their own jobs like CAD software etc. I use MS Project primarily for my own purposes, and would take on the burden of communicating as required so that they stakeholders could focus on their own needs.)

-Bob

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.