Scheduling equipment as resource

Home Forums Discussion Forum Scheduling equipment as resource

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi-

I was wondering if anyone knew of an easy way to schedule equipment as a resource so the task doesn’t break.  Even when scheduling to available date, it will break the task.  I need it to stay the entire duration because the activity requires special laboratory equipment.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!  So far I have been manually dragging the other end of the task back to attach it.

Kerstin —
      Since Microsoft Project 2010 does not include a formal type of resource called an Equipment resource, about the only thing you can do is to go to Resource > Leveling Options and DESELECT the Leveling Can Create Splits in Remaining Work option and DESELECT the Leveling Can Adjust Individual Assignments on a Task option.  Hope this helps.
      Kerstin,
      I suggest editing the equipment resource to use the built-in 24 hour calendar (or create a renamed copy if you need to include exceptions) instead of the standard project calendar.
      Kerstin,
      I suggest editing the equipment resource to use the built-in 24 hour calendar (or create a renamed copy if you need to include exceptions) instead of the standard project calendar.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.