Security issues pulling a query into Power BI

Home Forums Microsoft Project Discussion Forum Security issues pulling a query into Power BI

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #353812
      Darren
      Guest

      Now that I have figured out where my data is coming from and how to get the queries I want, I now want to create dashboards and reports.

      Step one import queries into Power BI. 3 of my 4 queries have loaded with no issue. One of them keeps saying I am not authorized to use that data feed. I reviewed the settings for each of the data feeds in the queries and set them all to the same but to no avail. Our Super admin is having the same issue. In fact he is quite mad the system is telling him he is not allowed access and should request it from himself. Is there somewhere further back that I need to set/change a security setting on the data feed or the query?

    • #353852
      Avatar photoLarry Christofaro
      Participant

      What is different about this query? Are they all OData? Is the one that has a problem include the project data (just checking on a specific issue I found just in case)? Try recreating it with one less table or filter or column (or build it and try it again slowly until the issue shows up) and see what is causing the issue? I’d love to hear what you find out.

    • #353858
      Darren Shell
      Member

      They are all Odata feed queries, which I figured out yesterday is not an internal data connection. so I figured out how to setup that gateway for nothing. It is funny you ask about projects, because it is my Projects query that wont load. Assignments, resource and task are loaded and I can refresh them in Power by on a schedule now. Thanks for help yesterday! What is the issue with project data you uncovered? Does it have anything to do with authentication type, I feel like my issue may revolve around that but always open to other ideas.

    • #354379
      Avatar photoLarry Christofaro
      Participant

      Darren, hot off the press from Brian Smith. Make sure you aren’t using a reserved word as a custom field. Check out this blog and see if it helps at all: http://blogs.technet.com/b/projectsupport/archive/2015/06/19/project-online-and-odata-reserved-words.aspx

    • #354645
      Darren Shell
      Guest

      Larry,

      Thanks for sharing that link. That was really interesting and I had hope the smoking gun, but alas it was not. On to trying to remove columns.

      Darren

    • #418459
      Anonymous
      Inactive

      ok day

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.