Show a task on hold: use Stop and Resume columns?

Home Forums Discussion Forum Show a task on hold: use Stop and Resume columns?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      lucas madeira
      Keymaster

I’ve searched the forum and can’t find this one. I set my plan up per Dynamic Scheduling (best book, EVER) but can’t figure out how to show that work on a task is stopped while resources are assigned to another task. I have used Stop and Resume columns before but not always successfully, which makes me think there must be a better way?

Thank you,

Sarah

lucas madeira
      Keymaster

Resume would be the answer I would give.  Can you elaborate on what happens when it isn’t successful.

lucas madeira
      Keymaster

When I opened the plan this morning to take screen shots to show you, it worked. I have no idea what I was doing wrong yesterday. The scenario: The stop column was populated for the task, the resume column was blank. When I entered a date in the resume field, it would change the date in Stop to match. If I reset the date in Stop, it would change the date in Resume to match. But, today – voila! working fine. I’m sure it was user error yesterday, just don’t know what.

I appreciate the quick response; this forum is a great resource.

Sarah

lucas madeira
      Keymaster

If a task is marked as partly completed, then in the Gantt chart click and drag the remaining duration. This lets you move the incomplete part to whenever you want it and all actual duration is left in place. I call this “Rip And Drag” or RAD!

I think this also automatically sets a resume date.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.