Splitting Tasks and having different coloured bar sections – possible?

Home Forums Discussion Forum Splitting Tasks and having different coloured bar sections – possible?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Simon C

I’m fairly new to MS Project but know how to created standard projects no problem. However, I’ve been asked if I could create an overview of all projects on one sheet that would show the 3-4 key tasks for a project on a single line. This is so that a single document could be issued to multiple teams but would give them the ability to view just their elements and spot workload clashes easily. Not many in my organisation use MS project so the issue document would be in PDF.

I probably need to accommodate 50-60 projects over the course of a year, varying durations but always with the same 3-4 key tasks. I know this is easily done in Excel by using different colour coding and text on single line but I can’t work out if there is a way of replicating in Project. Splitting tasks can be done numerous times but it doesn’t look like there is a way of colour coding the split sections?

Any help or alternative suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon

Jeff heath

Try Office Timeline. It’s a PowerPoint add-in that pulls ms project data into a PowerPoint gantt for reporting. Costs about $60.

Simon C

Thanks, I’ll have a look into it.

Matthias Mueller

You need to insert all respective projects into a master project file.
      To show one project in each line you need to use the roll-up feature. Color coding can be done with the use of Flag fields to indicate a color e.g. per sub-task area or function.

BR
      Matthias

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.