Sync to SharePoint Feature

Home Forums Discussion Forum Sync to SharePoint Feature

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      lucas madeira
      Keymaster

Anyone found workarounds for the requirement of having manually scheduled tasks in order to use the Sync to SharePoint feature? Also, anyone figured out a different way of displaying the list in SharePoint so that it looks more “Project” like using an outline form instead of a folder structure?

H Jean Lieverman

lucas madeira
      Keymaster

In reference to the 2nd part of your question (if I understand it correctly) you may have several options available.

There are several WebParts in Project Server that you may be able to use (Project Workspaces, Project Center and Project Details). I’m still experimenting but I’ve been able to successfully link projects using the Project Center and Project Workspaces. I know from the Project Workspaces you can then go to the Project Details where you can control outline levels.

Something else you might look into if you’re not linking to Project Server and only using SharePoint  – there are List types for “Project Tasks” and for “Project Tracking – Project Milestones”. You can then create a View using the SharePoint Gantt View. This doesn’t give you the outline form, but it does give you a more “Project” like look. You could, I guess, add columns.

Charles Fraley

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.