task bar

Home Forums Discussion Forum task bar

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Rosie Briggs

Hi

I really need some advice. I have a ribbon bar that I am unable to place a text in to the right as there is a completion percent at the end of the ribbon bar.
      Can you please advise how to delete the % amount at the end of the bar. When I go into format bar it shows nothing ?

Jigs Gaton

Hi Rosie, are u talking about the column % complete? Right mouse the column, and select Hide. U don’t really ever delete any of those columns, but you can hide and add new ones… hundreds of new ones if you need 🙂 Best,
      Jigs

Rosie Briggs

Hi Jigs

Thanks for your reply, It is on the gantt chart task bar ( when I format the bar there is no text) but it shows up and the end, even if I please 0% completed it will show up 0%at the end of the bar? It is driving me insane as I would like to place the resources names at the end of the bar.

Jigs Gaton

hi Rosie, are u speaking of this:

Sample gantt

Jigs Gaton
      Rosie Briggs

Hi Jigs

I am talking about the ribbon or task ribbon on you sample you have a blue line with the resource me to the right. I cannot place anything in this text bar as the percentage is already there? Weather its part of the master I don’t know. Can you please let me know how to get rid of it so I may place recourse name like yours. ( resource name me)

Jigs Gaton

Hi Rosie! I see what u need now: see here.Solution. Double clicking inside the bar itself brings up the format options, and u can put whatever fields u like on the top, bottom, left, right, etc. of the bar u want. In the sample above, the % complete is on the left of the bar, and the resource name is on the right. You can arrange however u like. Good luck!
      Jigs

Rosie

Hi Jigs

Thanks for this info. What if there is nothing in the text bar but I cannot get rid of the % completed is it a default? When I put anything in the text options it just writes over the top and I cannot read either?

Jigs Gaton

Hi Rosie, I think u need to understand what the interface in the last screen shot is doing. It’s replacing the display with the contents of the field(s) specified – up to 5, one in the top slot, bottom, left, right and inside. Most stock fields are formulas, so changing what is output and placed in those slots is non-trivial. So, in summary, are we up to speed here?
      Solution

For ur problem of overwriting, try deleting and re-adding the field(s) you want to display. If this is still happening, and the scale of the timeline is wide enough to display the text, then there might be a bug in your version of MSP. Make sure all the patches have been applied to your version. Best,
      Jigs

Rosie

Thank you Jigs for all your help most helpful

Jigs Gaton
      Participant

ur very welcome Rosie!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.