Task list 'Existing tasks' in Timeline incomplete (MSP 2016)

Home Forums Discussion Forum Task list 'Existing tasks' in Timeline incomplete (MSP 2016)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Roger Heirbaut

Hi,
      When I display a timeline and click on the ‘Existing tasks’ button on the Format tab, only the first summary task with all its subtasks is displayed, all other subsequent summary tasks and subtasks are not shown. Although I can add the other tasks by rightclicking the taskname and choosing ‘Add to timeline’. I tried to remove the timeline view from the local environment in Organizer, so it should be replaced by the global version, but that didn’t help. This phenomenom occurs in all my projects. So I suspected a corrupt global.mpt file and tried to repair and reinstall MSP, but that didn’t help either.

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Interesting Roger. I’m getting the same behavior. Are you using O365 subscription version or a paid Project 2016? Not sure what the problem is but it shouldn’t behave that way.

Jigs Gaton

Hi all, this feature is working great here. I am using MSP Pro 2016 (16.0.4639.1000 64-bit) in Windows 10 Fall Creators Edition. I have two installs of this, and both work fine.

Roger Heirbaut

Hi guys,
      I’m using the non-subscription version of MSP 2016 Professional 64-bit v. 16,0,9126,2152 on WIndows 10
      The feature has been OK for years, but I had to reinstall earlier this month because I had some instability problems.
      I had to do several uninstalls/reinstalls. First the uninstall did not work, then I had problems reinstalling. I also used the Microsoft Fix-it tool for Office 2016. Have tried repairing with online download. Finally everything is reinstalled and working fine, except this ‘Existing tasks’ feature

Jigs Gaton

Interesting Roger, your version of the same app that I have is higher (for some reason). Perhaps you should check MS Updates to see if a patch was recently applied, and then try rolling that back? This is the latest on my machines: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4018320/april-3-2018-update-for-project-2016-kb4018320 – dated April 3.

Robert

Hi

I use the VBA extensively to toggle items such as status, tasks to monitor, tasks to roll up to other projects, ect.

The timeline view is great for looking at block schedules for projects as you can show (and export) the big picture.

Is there an an attribute on the task object that lets me know if the task is already on the timeline?
      My logic would be as follows:

For Each Task In ActiveSelection.Tasks
      ‘IF Task is NOT on the current timeline
      TaskOnTimeline ‘adds the taks
      Else
      *** ‘ Task exists on the current timeline
      TaskOnTimeline(Task.ID, Remove)
      ENDIF
      Next

The issue is that I cannot determine the ***

I am using Project 2013 Standard, but can consider upgrade

Thanks for any guidance or even if a lost cause.

Cheers

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.