Task Name Disappears-requires software shutdown and reopen

Home Forums Discussion Forum Task Name Disappears-requires software shutdown and reopen

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Noreen Ferrante
      Keymaster

Is anyone having the task name disappear on them when working with their schedule?  It seems to happen most often when I am toggling between different views (in my case Gantt and Resource Usage) but I am also collapsing or re-collapsing summary tasks.   I have not lost data, if I shut down the software then open it and the file back up the task name reappears.

Noreen Ferrante
      Keymaster
      Robin,
      I looked in the Project forum and didn’t find anything on this error.  Not sure what version you are using.  I might suggest making sure you are on the most current version and/or uninstalling and reinstalling the software.  Sorry, but require a bit of time.
      Hope that helps,
      Larry Christofaro
      Noreen Ferrante
      Keymaster
      This occurs almost weekly with my projects. I am using a master project with a master resource using project professional 2010. What are you using and do you use a master project. I have reported this on several web sites with no answers as to what the fix may be.
      Phil Horton
      Tim

Phil,

Any solution to your question? Was there any way to retrieve the task names? I have a major project schedule with 120 sub-projects. Microsoft Project shut-down after an error, and when I reopened all dates were still present but the task names were missing!! Please help if you have any information on this!! This will be detrimental if I lose all of this information.

Tim

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

sometimes filters do cause this problem. Try removing the filters.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.