Team members cannot assign milestone task in Project Server 2013?

Home Forums Discussion Forum Team members cannot assign milestone task in Project Server 2013?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Zack W

Hello,

I have recently tried to deploy the team function at my organization. I have quickly noticed that users that are a part of the team can assign them task with hours but not milestone tasks. Is this true and if so, is there a way that I can allow users to assign them milestone tasks?

The problem at hand is that we have a engineering task that I created called “Ready for Spares” which would then trigger our aftermarket department that they can begin working on a quote. Is there a better way/method to handle this or what would be some recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Zack

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Hi Zack. It’s been a long time since I’ve used self-assign tasks so I don’t have a solid answer. Microsoft usually does a pretty good job of providing features but also the flexibility to allow the user to use them how they want. Unfortunately, unless you are missing something, that didn’t seem to happen with team assignments. What happens if you change a milestone task to a 1 day non-milestone, and maybe assign successors a Start-to-Start instead of a finish-to-start relationship? If this fixes the problem then I would have to assume that self-assign doesn’t work the way you would like with milestones. Hope that helps, and better yet hope that someone else might have a better answer…

Zack W

Hello Larry,

Thanks for the response. If you don’t use the team functionality, what do you use instead?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.