Timecards … Effect on % Complete and How long are Actuals Kept?

Home Forums Discussion Forum Timecards … Effect on % Complete and How long are Actuals Kept?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      John Murphy

We are considering turning on timecards in our PROD version of PWA.

Questions
      1. Our PMs current just update the % complete by task and PWA calculates the Project %Complete. We want to keep it that way after we turn on timecards. Is that possible? Will actuals affect the %complete entered by the PMs?

2. How long are assignments and timecards kept? In our current system we can look back 5+ years to help us forecast on new projects.

Thank you,
      John

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

John, my first question is if you’ve ever turned them on and tested them in any other environment? There are several options to consider and can act very differently depending on how you set it up. To answer your questions:
      1. If you turn off single entry mode, then the time entered into the timesheet will not be submitted to the project
      2. Timesheet records are kept until you delete them. There isn’t an auto-archive/retention period for anything in Project.
      Hope that helps. Good luck…Larry

John Murphy

Larry,

I have it turned on in TEST which has SP Security while Timesheets are not turned on our PROD site which is set up with Project Server security. Will I see the same results setting options in my TEST and my PROD/

Glad to here that Timesheets records are kept. Is that true about project assignments? We want to compare actuals vs forecast over the past say 3 year via oData. Also does oData have a limit?

Thanks
      john

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

The options that are set regarding timesheets won’t be affected by the security mode, but of course security permissions will be different. You will need to make sure that permissions are set properly.

As long as the projects haven’t been deleted then the assignments will be there. I don’t know if or what the limit is for OData but you can assume that if the data exists that you will be able to access it through OData. The limits are much higher than Project Server’s needs.

Good luck…

John Murphy

Thanks!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.