Updating task progress for by suppervisor

Home Forums Discussion Forum Updating task progress for by suppervisor

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Peter

Hi All,

I’m using a MS Project Online to manage program of works. In this case, we have a large team of people, many of whom don’t have access to computers. These can like electricians, mechanical fitters, etc. Naturally, these resources are unable to do updates in the MS Project Online environment on the task progress. However, they report to a supervisor (team lead), who is responsible for providing the team updates. What is the best practice to track progress for these resources in MS Project Online? Should I use the Team Assignment Function, or Assign the Supervisor to every task so they can see it in My Assignments window?

To provide a scenario example, during a plant shut down, several Labour resources are assigned to different tasks. Their assignments are important for resource leveling and budgeting purposes. These resources turn in their Work Order sheets at the end of the day to their supervisor. The supervisor then updates the progress on these tasks, but he/she can only see the tasks assigned to themselves.

Thanks!

avindory
      Participant

It’s maybe too late, but…

I think it will be better if you assign the Supervisor to every task. People better understand their responsibility if it’s not collective. During my studies, I spent a lot of time reading some books and other additional resources to apprehend people’s psychology at work and in social life. Just add more details to the assigned task for a better understanding by the supervisor.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.