WBS code not unique

Home Forums Discussion Forum WBS code not unique

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I am taking a Project 2010 (Std) file and opening it up in Project 2016 Online. The file is a master project with 3 embedded sub-projects. Upon opening, I get the message ” The WBS code you have entered is not unique. Enter a unique WBS code for that task.”. Does anyone know what causes this and how to correct?
      Thanks!!!

Jigs Gaton

Just a guess, but if one sublan using WBS codes numbered 1-xxxx and the other subplan uses WBS codes numbered 1-xxxx than that seems like cause for a conflict, no? Have you checked that?

Yes, there were duplicate WBS codes from one sub-project to the other that showed up when viewing the master schedule. Since they were so numerous, I had to go into each sub-project and delete all WBS codes then re-number them. When I opened the master schedule file, the message did not appear (even though there were still duplicate WBS codes from the sub-projects). I saw in a related post that this might be an issue when converting files from Project 2010 to 2016. Thanks for your input.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.