WBS

Home Forums Discussion Forum WBS

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

How can I select several WBS lines “task” in MSProject into a report?
      I am using MSProject2013.

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

You can use a filter. If you have a section, or different sections, best way is to create a task filter and flag those tasks. Then filter for those tasks in the report. Hope that helps…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Oke thanks, how can I put the drop down on in the status beam, it is not showing up?

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Sorry Rob, I don’t know what you mean by the status beam. Please elaborate.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Larry, I don’t have drop down behind the naam Task Name?

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Sorry I wasn’t clear. You need to create a task custom field and flag the appropriate tasks with that field. Then use that field as a filter in your report. Does that make sense?

Jigs Gaton

Another way would be to just add pre-defined WBS codes to a table in a custom report. You have to generate the WBS codes first however, so just go to Project / WBS / Define Code first. Then see this tutorial on creating custom reports to learn how to add pre-defined fields to tables…it’s easy, just pick WBS from the list under Report / Field List (Tasks) / Other Fields. There is also an option to show WBS predecessors and successors. Best of luck!
      Jigs

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Larry, I have created the task custom field and flag. Now it is showing up in the project report, so thank you for that.
      Only 3 out of the 17 flag are in the project report. Do you know the solution of this?

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

I don’t know unless it is other report options/filters. Try creating a very basic table report that filters only on that flag and see if that works? Validate that the flag is all spelled correctly throughout? Sorry, it should work if it is all setup correctly.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.