Project Management Institute (PMI)® Professional Development Units (PDUs):
This Webinar is eligible for 2 PMI® PDU in the Technical Category of the Talent Triangle.
Course Format and Credit
The course comprise of 3 sessions of 2 hours each. MPUG Certificate upon completion of series and opportunity for six hours PDU credit.
Project Portfolio Management is about ensuring you have the correct mix of projects that are focused on taking the business where it has decided to go. It is about being able to respond quickly to changes in the environment, enabling the business to set the direction and then create a series of steps to get there.
Delegates will learn what PPM is; build an effective process using best practices and software tools to support PPM deployment, kick start the process in a realistic and workable environment with a clear understanding true costs and resource requirements, execute and implement the PPM process and embed a sustainable PPM model in their environment.
Participants will have access to templates and checklists and will gain familiarity with their use through the sessions that reinforce the learning objectives. They will also have an opportunity to obtain a prerelease copy of Dr. Shan’s latest book Portfolio Management: Executive’s Roadmap to Innovate and Invest in Successful Projects.”
Session 1 Outline:
- Aligning Strategy to Portfolio management process and its Value Proposition
- Strategy, Portfolio and Benefits Management Framework
- Triple constraint perspective exercise( where are you and where you see you are going)
- Developing Business Case to Sell Portfolio Management Internally
- Positioning and Scenario examples
- Deploying Strategy, Portfolio and Benefits Framework Practices
- Challenges and common reasons for failures
- Purpose of knowing the portfolio and benefits maturity assessment and what need to be done to close the gap
Have you watched this webinar recording? Tell MPUG viewers what you think!