2010 Multiple Timeline Views in 1 Master

Home Forums Discussion Forum 2010 Multiple Timeline Views in 1 Master

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Karl Ozaeta
      Keymaster

I have a Master Schedule with 5 sub-projects in it. I’d like to have 5 Timeline Views (the new 2010 “Timeline View” feature, not the Gantt chart) all visible at once. I do NOT want them to combine and realign items (not blended into one), but instead to remain separate but with them all visible at once (for easy sharing/printing/emailing).

How do I do this?

Thanks!

Karl Ozaeta
      Keymaster

Mike,You can create five separate timeline views in the master schedule. That part is easy. Simply go to More Views and copy the current timeline. The only problem with your request is that you cannot display them all at one time. All you need to do is display a timeline view, copy it, and then display the next timeline view. Hope that helps…

Karl Ozaeta
      Keymaster

I hate to suggest that you go out and buy more software but, in an effort to get the same results you want, I finally got Visio 2010 Prof. You can export Project data to it directly, by subproject if you want, and manipulate everything from scale to colors to styles of the time line like “cylindrical”.

It easily prints to a PDF for reporting and is much easier to see “what ifs” with the bosses than trying to get them to see it in a Gantt.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.