70-343 Certification

Home Forums Discussion Forum 70-343 Certification

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Rich Weller
      Participant

I just noticed that the ’70-343 Managing Projects with Microsoft Project 2013′ will be retired on July 31st, 2019. Will there be a certification exam offered by Microsoft as a replacement??

If not, can you recommend another organization that offers Microsoft Project (the desktop client) certifications?

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Hi Rich. There are multiple other posts on this forum that can give you additional details on this topic. I know of other companies such as IIL that provide courses, but I don’t know of anyone that provides any kind of official certification (other than a course completion). Hope that helps…

Rich Weller
      Participant

Thanks for the quick reply Larry.
      I agree that there are other postings with respect to the certification, but none of them answered this question: “Will there be a certification exam offered by Microsoft as a replacement”?

I know of a few organizations (like IIL) that offer course completion certificates, but I am wondering if anyone else offers a certification exam for Project.

Thanks again!!
      ~Rich

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Hi Rich, sorry for the lack of details. The test is retired with no indication of a replacement. Specific testing for Project desktop subject matter is being incorporated into the Project Online certification. Microsoft can always change things, but for now that is what I know.

Ken Loewen, PMP

Rich –
      From the perspective of being a Microsoft Gold PPM competency partner, Advisicon interacted with the 74-343 (Project desktop) exam as being one of the two our PPM practitioners obtain, the other being the 70-348 (Managing Projects and Portfolios with Microsoft PPM), that was released in 2016. Microsoft has indicated that, as of this month, PPM partners need their practitioners to pass the 70-348 exam, the 70-778 exam (Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Power BI), which I think reflects a recognition of the importance of reporting and analytics to successful project management, and to be Microsoft 365 Certified as a “Teamwork Administrator Associate”, which reflects how “Microsoft PPM” is expanding its footprint beyond just “MS Project” to include the other MS tools that support working as a team – i.e., Planner, Teams, Yammer, …

If you’re interested in talking about the Power BI exam or the 70-778 exam (and its companion Excel exam 70-779 – passing the two of them got me my MCSA in BI Reporting and I’ve been tutoring a client to take and pass them), please reach-out. I’m at ken.loewen@advisicon.com.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.