Holding thumbs this forum can offer some advice because I’m going NUTS! I’ve got a master schedule with five subprojects (i.e. five subproject files). When I open the master file it shows the external linked task names for a split second, and then it closes the rows. For example, my row numbers then jump from 1, 2, 3 to 5, 6 etc., indicating that row 4 contains a linked task to one of the subprojects.
This problem only started this morning. Previously I could open my master file and it would show all the external dependencies in a light grey font, as would each of the subproject files, irrespective of whether I opened them one by one or whether I opened them from within the master file.
I’m working on Microsoft Project 2016 Professional, version 1708 (build 8431.2153).