When the file is saved, with the Resource Pool file associated, MSP Pro 2010 crashes.
1. Working in MS Project Pro 2010.
2. Migrated from MS Project 2007 & XP to MS Project Pro 2010 & Win7 last week.
3. Updated a file by adding a new task with a resource name from the Resource Pool.
4. When the file is saved, with the Resource Pool file associated, MSP crashes.
5. When the file is saved, with the Resource Pool file NOT associated, MSP saves with no issues.
My first thought is your resource pool is corrupted. Try recreating the resource pool and see if that helps.
Sometimes MS Project databases get corrupted, its quite tricky to refresh them. There are some work instructions around for this on various web sites and fourms, basically you:
– In a new file, set up Project Information and Properties
– Use organiser to copy across calendars, views etc
– Copy and paste resource data but select the cells rather than rows
– Assuming its resources that are the problem, copy/paste all the tasks
– Save as and test the resource pool crashing
Added benefit is that file size should drop. Could be something obscure like a huge file path or other odd data, hard to tell without seeing it.
Good luck with it