I have discovered a situation which causes MS Project to crash and I’m wondering if it’s a known issue. If I filter on Finish, then change the finish of a resulting task, Project crashes. Every time. Is it my installation of Project or is it a known issue with 2010?
I did a quick test and was able to change the finish date of a filtered task. Of course a simple test doesn’t prove anything. Have you tried it as a simple test outside of a structured project and does it happen then as well? There really isn’t a formal list of bugs that Microsoft publishes (that would be too revealing).
PS: It happens whether or not the file is saved locally. It only appears to happen with the Finish field. Start and %Complete seem to work normally. I created a small sample file and it still happened.
Hmm, then one of two things are probably happening. Either I’m still doing something different than you (I’m using the auto-filter for one) or you don’t have an update that fixes the issue. Of course there is always that third option of unexplained reasons…:-( If you really want to figure this out, itemize the exact steps you are taking and send me or post a picture of the exact WBS of a sample plan. Thanks…