I have had the following issue which occurs in both 2013 and 2016 MS Project Professional. I have a master schedule with sub-schedules. In the Master Schedule, I set the predecessor of each sub-schedule e.g. sub-schedule 2 is dependent on the completion of sub-schedule 1 and so on. All is good, to this point.
But when I change a sub-schedule that brings in the finish date (finish sooner than originally published) the next time I bring up master schedule the sub-schedules do not auto-adjust to the change. Sub-schedules that start later do not see the change to the earlier sub-schedule.
But in the Master schedule, if I go to each sub-project’s “project information” and change the project start date by a single day, the sub-project will then recognize the dependency of the previous sub-schedule and adjust the start date correctly starting after the previous schedules finish date.
What am I missing in setting up the master schedule to automatically have the sub-schedules auto adjust their start dates.
This was a bug in Project 2013 and 2016 and was fixed in December 2016 update. Download the update for Project 2013 and 2016 from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3127978/december-6,-2016,-update-for-project-2013-kb3127978 and https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3127994/december-6,-2016,-update-for-project-2016-kb3127994
Great, thanks for the information.
You are welcome.