Loading...
Quick Links

Project Server 2013 – Status Updates Not Updating Actuals

Home Forums Discussion Project Server 2013 – Status Updates Not Updating Actuals

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #109725 Reply

    We have run into an issue with one of our projects. The PM accepted the Status Updates in the Approval Center and noticed the tasks in his project weren’t updating. When we checked the Approval History we got an error message for each update stating “There was an internal error applying the update.” We are thinking that the Project File is corrupt, but wanted to know if anyone else has seen this error and what was done to fix it.

    We are running Project Server 2013 on prem. I believe we are on the most recent patches since we went live at the end of February.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    #110718 Reply
    Joseph Yin
    Participant

    Hi Paul:

    We experienced the same issue too here. We contacted MS on this issue, and our issue was caused by Project Calculation Services (PCS) timing out against our our enterprise custom fields. MS sent us a new schedengine.exe which turn-off calcuation service against custom fields as a workaround to fix the issue.

    At this time this issue should be fixed in the June 2014 server side CU according to MS. One other thing MS also asked us to try, but we didn’t do is to extend the timeout for the PCS from the default 30 seconds to something greater. Here are the steps that we got from MS –

    1. Go to a farm box and start the “SharePoint 2013 Management Shell”.
    2. Enter the following command:

    Set-SPProjectPCSSettings – ServiceApplication “Project Service Application” –RequestTimeLimits 60000

    Note: the “Project Service Application” name may be different on your server, but you can get this info from the Central Administration “Manage Service Applications” page.

    The above command will increase the timeout to 60 seconds (double the default).

    3. For each app-tier box in the farm, restart the “Microsoft Project Server Calculation Service 2013” service. This will cause it to reload and use the new settings.
    4. Test applying updates to the given project.

    Hope this helps. If you need a SQL script to identify all the failed task updates, please send me a email to jyin@qualcomm.com, and I will be glad to send it to you.

    Sincerely,

    Joseph C. Yin MSBA (jyin@qualcomm.com)
    Staff Systems Analyst
    Qualcomm Incorporated.

    #110739 Reply

    Thanks Joseph. Glad to hear you fixed your issue. We are interested in the SQL script to identify the failed updates. I also had a couple other questions. I will reach out to you through the email given here.

    Thanks,
    Paul Perilman
    Senior Project Manager, IT
    Macerich

    #143390 Reply
    Sergey
    Guest

    I have the same problem. Recommendations Joseph did not help. There are solutions to this problem? Working on Project Server 2013 Latest update is. Thanks.

    #158219 Reply
    Harish
    Guest

    We are looking for consultant or Consultancy to implement MSP Server 13 & EPM .Six months assignment in Riyadh. Pl send interest to nayak.k.harish@gmail.com

    #348150 Reply
    Chaitanya
    Guest

    1. Auto-rejection of Status Updates with typical rejection comment: “The timesheet has been rejected because it contained at least one task that has been deleted or reassigned”.
    The timesheets were approved and sent to SAP for processing and SAP has the data correct – however the Status Update was auto-rejected. So the EPM Project doesn’t get updated with the actual hours. So can any one give me the solution for why my Status shows as rejected ?

    #348151 Reply
    Chaitanya
    Guest

    2. Approval Center History showing ‘Unpublished’ Status Updates even after Approval. Why is it so ? Please give me a solution to solve this. Thanks in Advance.

    #409697 Reply
    Kevin Jacobs
    Guest

    Someone might have a better query, but we’ve been using this one to help us see some of the errors.

    SELECT
    T.ASSN_TRANS_SUBMIT_DATE,
    R.ResourceName,
    R2.ResourceName as ‘Approver’,
    P.PROJ_NAME,
    A.TASK_NAME,
    IS_PUBLISHED = CASE WHEN P.WPROJ_LAST_PUB > T.ASSN_TRANS_SUBMIT_DATE THEN 1 ELSE 0 END

    FROM
    PUB.MSP_ASSIGNMENT_TRANSACTIONS T (NOLOCK) LEFT OUTER JOIN
    PUB.MSP_ASSIGNMENTS_SAVED A (NOLOCK) ON T.ASSN_UID = A.ASSN_UID LEFT OUTER JOIN
    PUB.MSP_PROJECTS P (NOLOCK) ON A.PROJ_UID = P.PROJ_UID JOIN
    MSP_EpmResource R ON T.ASSN_TRANS_SUBMITTER_RES_UID = R.ResourceUID JOIN
    MSP_EPMResource R2 on T.ASSN_TRANS_APPROVER_RES_UID = R2.ResourceUID

    WHERE
    T.ASSN_TRANS_ERROR_ENUM =5 AND

    T.ASSN_TRANS_SUBMIT_DATE > ‘Jan 1, 2017’

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Project Server 2013 – Status Updates Not Updating Actuals
Your information:




78 − = 74