Tagged: Calendars "Work Week" "Work Day"
The standard working calendar for UK resources is 37.5 hours a week, Monday-Friday. There are a few members of the UK team that work slightly different hours.
1) Ana – only works 4 days a week
2) Nicola – only works 22.5 hours a week
3) Deborah – works 5 days in 4 days (Mon-Tues: 9.25 each AND Wed-Thurs: 9.5 each with Friday off)
For each resource above we have updated their working time via the Change Working Time option in Resource Information →Work Weeks → Details. Note the standard UK project calendar has been changed to 37.5 hours per week and the Schedule information updated accordingly too.
For the above resources a 5 day task (37.5 hours) would take…
1) Ana – if starting on Monday would take until the following Monday to complete as she doesn’t work on Fridays
2) Nicola – if starting on Monday would take until the following Wednesday to complete as she only works 22.5 hours a week
3) Deborah – if starting on Monday would take until Thursday to complete as she does 5 days work in 4 days
As shown below, in Project Pro this works fine for Nicola and Ana. However, for Deborah we are always seeing a shortfall of 1.25 on the first day, regardless of what the task’s first day is.
Instead of Deborah being able to complete a 5 day task in 4 days there is always 1.25 rolling over into the next day. Why does the first day always have 1.25 hours less than expected? Is there another constraint/setting within project we need to change?
PS can I post a screen capture?
I realized the issue after reading this post
The project start date time under Project>>Project Information was after Deb’s start time. I changed the project start date time to be before Deb’s start time. Now tasks assigned to Deb are being scheduled correctly (Mon-Tues: 9.25 each AND Wed-Thurs: 9.5 each with Friday off).