I am having 2 problems with the total slack in MSP 2013. On one of my subcontractors programme, some activities have total slack display in days, some are in weeks. One another subcontractor’s programme, the total slack is in days but some tasks have decimals in it, eg 0.5d.
Is there a function that I can use to have the total slack in one format, eg in days and with decimals. I prefer decimals as on the first subcontractor’s programme they have some activites (tasks) with 0 total slack but it is not on the critical path. With the use of decimals I would be able to see that.
Good question. I did a quick test and it depends on how the task duration is entered. If the task duration is entered in weeks then the Total Slack is displayed in weeks. It behaved very consistently for me, and if I change the duration label the Total Slack label changes accordingly. Let me know if you are experiencing something different.