One of our project managers gets the following Chinese language in one of the columns while the rest of us see English. What is the problem? Is there a setting he needs to change or is it corrupted?
Felecia, now that’s a great question that I also have and have done some searching with no avail. Can I ask some questions?:
1. Are you connected to Project Server and is it a Project Server custom field?
2. If so is it a resource field (probably not since you are saying it’s a PM)?
3. Is it not exactly Chinese but looks like Chinese? Is it the same entry for every task?
4. If he/she blanks it out and then saves the project, does the characters come right back the next time the project is opened?
Very curious to know whether you are having something like the same issue? Thanks…
1. Connected to Project Server, but it is not a Project Server Custom field.
2. Not a resource field. It’s a text field.
3. Yes, same entry of Chinese looking symbols
4. I don’t know. I will have to see if he will do it. Will let you know.
Good to know. Last question, what version are you using? From what you are telling me it seems to be the same problem. Custom field not withstanding, it is still sourced by the Project Server database. I wish I had an answer for you…and me. In my case PWA ignores those characters and shows blanks, as well as when the field is filled in. I’ll keep searching and let you know if I find something out. Please also update this thread if you find an answer. Thanks…