Project Management Institute (PMI)® Professional Development Units (PDUs):
This Webinar is eligible for 1 PMI® PDU in the Technical Category of the Talent Triangle.
This session will walk the attendee through 9 practices that are sure to be problematic. Topics will include but are not limited to:
- Including summary tasks in project sequencing;
- Assigning resources to summary tasks;
- Constraining activities rather than sequencing dynamically;
- Scheduling project tasks as late as possible;
- Leveling resources without analysis;
- Inadequate baselining techniques;
- Using elapsed durations for team schedules;
- Incorrect calendar association resulting in incorrect schedules;
- Organizing project tasks incorrectly forcing incorrect reports.
After attending this session the attendee should be able to:
- Identify inappropriate practices in their MS Project schedules.
- Resolve issues created by these practices
- Leverage their learning in future project plans by avoiding the recurrence of “Inappropriate Practices”.
Sam Huffman, PMP, MCITP, MCT
Sam Huffman has been delivering training for The Versatile Company since 1996. Prior to joining Versatile, he gained insight into Microsoft Project while working at Microsoft as a member of the Microsoft Project development and support team. He has maintained his intimate knowledge of Microsoft Project with each new release and is considered a leading authority on the tool, including the newest enterprise features of all versions of Project and Project Server.
During his tenure at Versatile, Sam honed his instruction skills by delivering programs for approximately 1000 people every year. His reputation for delivering practical wisdom with an upbeat style makes him one of Versatile’s most requested instructors. He is a certified Project Management Professional, Microsoft Certified Trainer and has been a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional in Project since 2010.
Catch Sam’s blog.
Have you watched this webinar recording? Tell MPUG viewers what you think!